PADI's Deep Diver program offers you the adventure of a lifetime - going deep to see things others only dream about. To join the deep diving crowd, you'll need at least your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (Advanced Plus or equivalent) certification and be at least 15 years old.
The program includes four open water dives, which are conducted over at least two days. The minimum depth for the deep dives is between 18 to 30 metres/60 to 100 feet, with no dive exceeding 40 metres/130 feet. All your dives will be conducted within the no-decompression limits, with deeper dives conducted first.
During your program, you'll cover the knowledge, skills and techniques needed to dive deep. The following is included in the PADI Deep Diver program:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of deep diving.
- Risk factors and decompression-tables review.
- Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures.
- Special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy-control considerations.
- Procedures for flying after diving and high-altitude diving.
- Orientation to recompression chambers.
The core Deep Dive conducted during the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program may be counted toward this specialty at the discretion of the instructor.
To take your diving to new depths, contact Atlantis Outfitters for more information or
Download Course Information Sheet Here