Gliding with the currents, feeling the rush of flying underwater, is what drift diving is all about.
To start your underwater aeronautics, you'll need to be at least a PADI Open Water Diver (Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent) certified and at least 12 years old.
During your PADI Drift Diver program, you'll go on two open water dives (which may be conducted in one day). We highly recommended that you enroll in this program to exposed yourself to the techniques and procedures for drift diving.
You'll cover the following in the PADI Drift Diver program:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- Special equipment -- floats, lines, reels.
- Proper procedures for buoyancy-control, navigation and communication.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents causes and effects.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
The elective Drift Dive from the PADI Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver program may be counted toward the certification requirements for this specialty at the discretion of your PADI Instructor.
Capture the feeling of flying by dropping in on Atlantis Outfitters today!
Download Course Information Sheet Here