The purpose of the Full-Face Mask Specialty course is to familiarize divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of diving with a full-face mask. The Full-Face Mask Diver specialty course is intended to serve as a safe, supervised introduction to full-face mask diving. Training emphasizes fun and safety.
The goals of Full-Face Mask Training are:
- To develop the student's knowledge of full-face masks, including when to use full face masks, types of full-face masks available, full-face mask accessories, their maintenance, and how to make minor repairs.
- To develop the student's ability to perform important full-face mask skills.
- To enable the student to plan, organize and conduct safe dives using a full-face mask.
- Prerequisite certification: PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or an equivalent rating.
- Minimum age requirement: 12 years.
- Completion of a confined-water full-face mask training session is required of students never having used a full-face mask prior to enrolling in the Full-Face Mask specialty course. This confined-water session must be completed prior to making the first open water training dive of this specialty course. Additional confined-water training may be added at the discretion of the instructor conducting the specialty course.
- Two scuba dives.
- The maximum depth for training open-water divers during the course is 60 feet.
Download Course Information Sheet Here