Interested in sea life? Then this program is for you! You'll need to be a PADI Open Water Diver (Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent) and be at least 12.
Your PADI Underwater Naturalist program will include two open water dives, which may be conducted in one day, which will introduce you to different aquatic life and include an overview of responsible human interactions with aquatic life.
Some of the topics covered are:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments.
- A basic overview of major aquatic life groupings (kingdoms and phyla).
- Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life.
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations.
- Responsible human interactions with aquatic life.
- Diving technique used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life and minimize aquatic life disturbance.
The elective Underwater Naturalist dive from the PADI Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver program may count toward the certification requirements for this specialty at the instructor's discretion.
To become more familiar with the underwater environment in your local area, contact Atlantis Outfitters for more information or
Download Course Information Sheet Here