Knowing where you are - underwater - and where you're going comes in real handy, especially if you're looking for an object or locating that beautiful reef that you heard about. If you're a PADI Open Water Diver (PADI Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent) and at least 12, then this program is for you.
During your PADI Underwater Navigator program you'll go on three open water dives familiarizing yourself with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of underwater navigation.
You will learn:
- Procedures and techniques for planning, organizing underwater navigation and problems and hazards associated.
- Methods of estimating distances underwater.
- Natural navigation techniques.
- How to use underwater patterns.
- Dive site relocation techniques.
- Compass navigation techniques.
The elective Navigation dive conducted during your PADI Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver program may count toward this specialty at the discretion of the instructor.
To sign up for this specialty, contact Atlantis Outfitters for more information or
Download Course Information Sheet Here